Product - Oslo
Are you a detail-oriented, smart and passionate design superhero? Join us to grow SalesScreen into a leading sales motivation software and help thousands of teams worldwide build happier workplaces.
Why join us
SalesScreen was founded in 2011 by students from NTNU in Trondheim (Norway) and has rapidly grown into a profitable product company with 30 employees developing and operating the leading motivation software on the market. We have a very solid portfolio of customers in Scandinavia (DNB, Gjensidige, Subaru, Schibsted…) and grand ambitions for SalesScreen in the US and European markets.
Only a few years ago, we were a small bunch of friends coding together from our office in Trondheim. In the course of the last couple of years, we have opened new offices and welcomed new teammates in Norway (Oslo), USA (San Diego), Netherlands (Amsterdam) and Sweden (Gothenburg, Stockholm). After 6 years operating and being profitable as a bootstrapped company, we have recently taken in our first investor to help enter one of the most ambitious growth phases in our history.
The attention to details that we put into every aspect of the conception, prototyping, design and implementation of features and improvements of the SalesScreen product will have a defining impact on the company as a whole.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, smart and passionate UX Designer ready to help us build SalesScreen into the world's leading sales motivation software.
You will find at SalesScreen a working environment like nowhere else: a young, skilled and ambitious team who thinks of SalesScreen as its second family. You will be joining us at what is probably the most exciting phase in the company’s history. You will be given all the support you need to make a real dent in what SalesScreen will evolve into.
Perks & benefits
You'll be working from our brand new Oslo office right in the middle of Karl Johans gate. On a more practical note, you will be offered:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Equity program (coming soon)
- 5 weeks of vacations as well as Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and Easter Eve.
- 4% pension plan
- Free lunch
- Gym membership at SATS or part of your physical activities subsidized
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Priority Treatment insurance
- Monthly social gathering
- Yearly summer company retreat
- Yearly winter company gathering
You will become a pivotal part of the Product team alongside our Principal Designer and our Software Engineers. You will actively participate in our bi-weekly product sprints through which new features, improvements or bug fixes are thought out, prototyped, implemented and shipped to our SalesScreen web and mobile applications.
Someone once famously said "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works" and we could not find a better description of what your job as UX Designer will consist of. Your main responsibility will be to carefully craft the path of less friction for our users to get from A to B within SalesScreen.
It will start with you assisting our Product Owner in its product research to identify the job our users are hiring SalesScreen to do as well the pain points our users are experiencing. That will require you to take responsibility for creating personas and conducting interviews to refine your findings further.
When a specific scenario is identified as something SalesScreen should be addressing (or addressing in a better way), you will have the responsibility to craft and wireframe a solution for it, build a prototype with the help of our Principal Designer, conduct product testing and reiterate through the process until we can safely start the technical implementation.
We strongly believe in the mantra "Think like a customer" and no other teammate in SalesScreen will have to live by this philosophy more than you as our UX Designer.
We are looking for a person with a solid track record as UX Designer. We are expecting you to have pretty strong personal skills:
- Empathetic: We strongly believe that SalesScreen helps organisations build happier workplace. We should therefore have a strong focus on the emotions our product triggers. As UX Designer, you will need to be able to listen and be empathetic with our users.
- Exceptional communication skills: You will be based in Norway but will collaborate daily with teams and customers around the globe. We are looking for someone with exceptional written and spoken communication skills in both Norwegian and English. If you are proficient in one or more additional languages, this is a plus.
- Team player: SalesScreen is a young, skilled and ambitious team who thinks of the company as its second family. You will be working tightly with, and assisted by, very talented colleagues who strive daily to make our product and company more performant, scalable and inclusive. We value collaboration between technical, creative and operational teammates above everything else.
- Smart: We do not see intelligence as how much you know, but how much you can learn. We’ll need you to be an eager learner, to be capable of sharing and teaching to others, be quick witted and solution oriented.
- Brave & Passionate: You are used to dealing with uncertainty, thrive when working in a high tempo and you are not afraid of new challenges. There is no better to do that than being truly passionate about what you do.
- Independent: We avoid micromanagement as much as we can. We'll always be here to help but you'll have to be able to work independently and show initiative.
If you have a relevant Bachelor or Master degree within Product/Industrial/UX Design or Computer Science this is clearly a great asset. But we are true believers of learning by doing so if you have plenty of experience and motivation to show for, degrees listed above are not mandatory.